Camskill

    The height of the alternator bracket needed to be reduced, moving the alternator up slightly, to get any sort of tension adjustment on the belt. After trying four different belts for length, I'm happy I've got one which gives a good tension (880mm). Dayco 6PK880 from Camskill. Moving the alternator up has also freed up some extra room for the steering link mod. I have all the parts needed to carry out the mod and plan to get this done over the next few days.
    Camskill

    Camskill

    Camskill

    Camskill

    Camskill

    Camskill

    Camskill

    Camskill

    Camskill

    Camskill

    Camskill

    Camskill

    It was time for an oil and filters change today. Not having done it before, I was a little apprehensive because although the Z20LET is used in many Vauxhall vehicles, access is considerably easier when the engine is front-mounted!
    I did the air filter first - having modified the airbox before I knew exactly where to start and the whole job took me around 15 minutes. The replacement filter was Halfords-own, £3.60 with a trade discount (I have a trade card through Halfords as a member of the Vauxhall Owners Network - I would highly recommend this as it's £15 to join and I've made the money back already through the card).
    Next up, oil. Handily, the 220 Turbo has a hole in the undertray for the sump plug (Torx T45 fitment) so I wouldn't have to remove the tray...or so I thought. After draining the oil out and replacing the plug, my attention turned to the oil filter which has to be accessed through the rear offside wheel arch. There was a slight palaver with this as I couldn't get the necessary purchase on it with my filter wrench in the tight space. However, I found by removing the rear five bolts on the engine undertray, it was possible to drop it down enough to get leverage on the filter.
    The oil I used was Mobil1 Super S 10W/40 - I considered going fully synthetic but unfortunately there was no fully-synth in stock. 10W/40 should be viscous enough for the cold snap we're having and should still provide good protection. The Z20LET motor takes 4.5 litres.
    Now the filters and oil are done, hopefully the cost of the service which is impending will not be too much. Plans Motorsport do a 5th-year service for £149 and they're not too far away from me.
    Camskill

    Camskill

    Camskill
    Source URL: http://lavacavaca.blogspot.com/2011/10/camskill.html
    Visit Autos Online News for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection